PTA is the
The Purposes of the PTA
The Mission of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home, and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
What we do.
Your County Council of PTAs is a group of dedicated volunteers who work to ensure that each local PTA unit in Anne Arundel County is mentored - through professional training and support, financial oversight, legislative and advocacy efforts, and networking opportunities. Every Child, One Voice.
Anne Arundel County Council of PTAs, Inc. (AACCPTAs, Inc.) is a 501(c3) registered non-profit. As we solicit donations and funds we are often asked about our non-profit status. Our Employee Identification Number (EIN) is: 23-7031091.
To learn more about our bylaws, here are the AACCPTA Bylaws (PDF, 3MB).
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
Legislation and Advocacy
- Free training
- Professional development
- By-laws review
- Parliamentarians to help with local meetings
- Help with recruitment at local units
- Monthly report to Board of Education
- Monitoring of Board of Education and County Council meetings
- Legislative liaison to Maryland PTA
- Testify before the General Assembly on bills affecting Maryland families
- Train local units on effective advocacy
- To learn more about PTA and Advocacy, please click here: http://www.pta.org/advocacy/
Networking and Community
- Audit support
- Help with PTA policies and procedures
- Training for local unit Treasurers
- Award post-secondary scholarships to county students
- Administer grants for After Prom events
- Networking breakfast
- State and national convention delegations
- Parent Involvement Advisory Council
- School Board Nominating Committee
- Annual General Membership meetings
- Reflections cultural arts program support